VIDEO: Packing a Winter Emergency Kit
With temperatures dropping and snowfall forecast for many areas, now is a great time for fleet drivers to make sure their winter emergency kit is fully replenished and onboard.
Ready Wisconsin recommends that drivers include the following items:
- A shovel
- A windshield scraper and small broom
- A flashlight with extra batteries
- A battery-powered radio
- Snack food including energy bars
- Raisins and mini candy bars
- Matches and small candles
- Extra hats, socks and mittens
- First-aid kit with pocket knife
- Necessary medications
- Blankets or sleeping bag
- Tow chain or rope
- Road salt, sand or cat litter for traction
- Booster cables
- Emergency flares and reflectors
- Fluorescent distress flag and whistle to attract attention
- Cell phone adapter to plug into lighter.
To view a Bisnett Insurance video on the subject, click on the photo or link below the headline.