TORRANCE, CA – Cast your vote now for the industry's first-ever Fleet Hall of Fame Award! Sponsored by Automotive Fleet and the Automotive Fleet & Leasing Association (AFLA), the award will recognize fleet industry leaders and pioneers that have made significant contributions to the commercial fleet management profession. The Fleet Hall of Fame award will be presented Sept. 11 at the annual AFLA conference at the Camelback Inn in Scottsdale, Ariz. Nominees must have a minimum of 10 years fleet experience to be eligible. Ballots close end-of-day Monday, June 30.
"Those of us in the industry today owe so much to these industry leaders. AFLA is honored to be a part of memorializing the achievements of these giants of our industry," said Elsie Lucia, president of AFLA. Lucia is the director of fleet services for the Estée Lauder Companies Inc., based in New York City.
The Fleet Hall of Fame inductees will be displayed on a special wall at Bobit Business Media's headquarters in Torrance, Calif. "It will be available to view with credit to AFLA for the exclusive support during nominations, elections, and presentations, as well as recognition in print and on www.fleet-central.com," said Ed Bobit, CEO of Bobit Business Media, publisher of Automotive Fleet magazine.
25 Nominees for the 2008 Fleet Hall of Fame Award
Cast your vote now at www.automotive-fleet.com/survey/fame!
- John Blessing – McCullagh Leasing
- Dick Heather – PHH
- Don Rappeport – Donlen Corp.
- Gary Tepas – Emkay Inc.
- Ron Pink– Xerox
- Ray Breault – Fleet Response/Hoffmann-La Roche/Revlon
- E.J. Ames – Universal CIT Credit Corp.
- Walter Langseder – Lipton Tea
- George Wilson – Lever Brothers
- Al Cavalli – Universal CIT Credit Corp.
- John Rollins – Rollins
- Arno Neuber – ARI
- Jack Kolb – ARI
- Harry Brey – LeasePlan International
- Gene Arbaugh – PHH
- Henk Bosman – U.S. Fleet Leasing
- Stan Chason – GELCO
- Sam Penn – PHH
- Herman Meckler – LeasePlan Intl.
- Joe Thayer – Chevrolet
- W.M. Ramsey – American Motor Corp.
- W.M. Bird – Chrysler
- E.J. "Chappy" Chapman – Pontiac Division
- John Rock – GM
- A.E. "Fitz" Fitzpatrick – Studebaker
Twenty fleet industry leaders have already been inducted into the Hall of Fame. They are:
- Helen Bland– Hallmark
- Howard Cook – Ford Motor Co.
- Eddie Dame – Avis Leasing
- Don Fenton – Piemonte Fleet
- Jim Frank – Wheels Inc.
- Zollie Frank – Wheels Inc.
- George Frink – GM/Chevrolet
- Bud Grossman – Gelco
- Joe Holman – ARI/Holman
- Harley Howell – PHH
- Jack Lamb – Exxon
- Sam Lee – Lee Fleet Management
- Milo Matick – Piemonte Fleet
- Emerson Parker – Hartford Fire Insurance
- S. Lester Landau – Picker X-Ray
- Hubert Ryan – Hertz Leasing
- Armund Schoen – Wheels Inc.
- Bob Soell – Suntrup Ford City
- Ed Stanley – Oldsmobile Div.
- George Weimer – Contel/Hertz
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet