MINNEAPOLIS – XATA Corporation will add improved digital mapping software to its XATANET on-demand fleet operations software, according to www.marketwatch.com. The upgraded mapping software will provide XATANET end-users with more high-quality data, including larger and more dynamic maps, to help better track exact vehicle location and improve route details. Available in November 2008, the enhanced mapping capability is part of the XATANET 4.3 release.
XATA will deliver these improved capabilities by leveraging Microsoft Virtual Earth maps, which gives XATANET customers additional maps for vehicle tracking and provides additional geographic tracking capabilities for fleet operators. Microsoft Virtual Earth also pulls geographic data directly from the Web for up-to-the-minute vehicle tracking.
XATANET 4.3 includes a new mapping user-interface that provides enhanced ease-of-use benefits, such as keyboard shortcuts and real-time map updates. Mapping enhancement highlights include:
- Draggable maps, which enable users to quickly pan and see a broader view of the highlighted geographical area, giving an enhanced view of a vehicle's location.
- Increased customization, which allows users to include information specific to delivery routes.
- Increased map visibility, with the ability to show road detail, aerial photographs, or both.
- Improved GPS positioning controls for more accurate delivery and pickup location information.
- Increased capacity to handle more data points and more accurate map details.
For more information, visit xata.com.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet