PHOENIX – The Automotive Fleet and Leasing Association (AFLA) hosted a record of nearly 300 attendees at its 40th Annual Meeting and Conference at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Phoenix, September 10-12. One of the conference's highlights was the presentation of the Fleet Hall of Fame Awards.
AFLA President Elsie Lucia and Ed Bobit of Bobit Business Media inducted the following inductees into the 2008 Fleet Hall of Fame:
- E.J. Ames, Universal CIT Credit Corp.
- Gene Arbaugh, PHH
- Ray Breault, Fleet Response / Hoffmann-LaRoche / Revlon
- Al Cavalli, Universal CIT Credit Corp. / American Home Products / Avis Leasing
- Dick Heather, PHH
- Jack Kolb, ARI
- Arno Neuber, ARI
- Don Rappeport, Donlen
- John Rock, General Motors
- Gary Tepas, Emkay
A PowerPoint presentation of the 10 inductees in the 2008 Fleet Fall of Fame can be viewed here.
In addition, there were 20 founding inductees in the Fleet Hall of Fame. A video of these founding Fleet Hall of Fame inductees can be viewed here.
1. Helen Bland– Hallmark
2. Howard Cook – Ford Motor Co.
3. Eddie Dame – Avis Leasing
4. Don Fenton – Piemonte Fleet
5. Jim Frank – Wheels Inc.
6. Zollie Frank – Wheels Inc.
7. George Frink – GM/Chevrolet
8. Bud Grossman – Gelco
9. Joe Holman – ARI/Holman
10. Harley Howell – PHH
11. Jack Lamb – Exxon
12. Sam Lee – Lee Fleet Management
13. Milo Matick – Piemonte Fleet
14. Emerson Parker – Hartford Fire Insurance
15. S. Lester Landau – Picker X-Ray
16. Hubert Ryan – Hertz Leasing
17. Armund Schoen – Wheels Inc.
18. Bob Soell – Suntrup Ford City
19. Ed Stanley – Oldsmobile Div.
20. George Weimer – Contel/Hertz
Click here for links to:
In other news, AFLA announced the members of its 2008-2009 Board:
Past President: Elsie Lucia, Estee Lauder, Inc.
President: Mike Antich, Automotive Fleet Magazine
Executive Vice President: Tom Donato, ARI - Automotive Resources International
Vice President: Lori Rasmussen, PARS
Treasurer: Debbie Mize, Hallmark Cards Inc.
Secretary: Debra Watkins, PHH Arval
Director Dealers: Brian Farrar, Umbrella Fleet Partners
Director Remarketers: Ron Shoemaker, Flexco Fleet Services
Director Allied: John Ruppert, Ford Motor Company
Director Fleet: Shirley Collins, GlaxoSmithKline
Director Lessors: Mary Sticha, GE Capital Solutions
Director At Large: Dick Malcom, State Farm Mutual Automobile Ins. Co.
Director At Large: Matthew Betz, AmeriFleet Transportation
Other highlights from the 2008 AFLA conference included a "Cars of Tomorrow" reception featuring future concept vehicles, as well as presentations from renowned experts such as:
- Larry Burns, vice president of research for General Motors
- John McElroy, host of the television program "Autoline Detroit"
- Michael Rogers, New York Times futurist
In addition to the high-caliber educational content, several conference attendees participated in the classic Pete "Z" Golf Tournament, during which AFLA Secretary Deb Watkins successfully shot a hole-in-one to win a cruise or airfare for two sponsored by Flexco Fleet Services.
To view the full conference photo gallery, go to http://www.aflaonline.com/displaygallery.cfm?gallerysub=2008%20Annual%20Conference
More details about the conference can be found at AFLA's Web site at http://www.aflaonline.com/displaycommon.cfm?an=4.
Click here for links to:
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet