SPARKS, MD – PHH Arval has introduced a new program to help fleets with trucks stay in compliance with U.S. federal safety regulations. PHH's Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulatory and Compliance service targets fleets with vehicles that are over 10,000 lbs. gross or combined weight, which are categorized as commercial vehicles and subject to regulatory compliance laws.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, more than 23 percent of vehicles inspected were deemed out-of-compliance in 2006, costing their companies millions of dollars in fines. For cost-conscious businesses, it's a priority to successfully manage this aspect of their fleets.
PHH's DOT Regulatory and Compliance service helps companies keep their trucks legally and safely on the road and covers the full spectrum of compliance-related needs, including:
- Expert consultation, assessment of compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR).
- DOT audit support.
- Driver qualification file management.
- Driver log audit service.
- Drug and alcohol management program.
- DOT annual inspection scheduling.
- Maintenance records management.
- Licensing and permit renewals.
- Management of DOT-reportable accidents.
- Internet-based reporting.
- Consolidated billing.
The DOT Regulatory and Compliance service is the latest addition to PHH Arval's full suite of capabilities for the commercial truck fleet. From financing and acquisition, through management services, information management and resale, PHH Arval experts help truck fleets operate more productively.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet