ROCKLEIGH, NJ - Volvo Cars of North America, LLC (VCNA) announced pricing for the all-new 2011 Volvo S60 sport sedan of $37,700. The all-new S60 packs more style, performance and technology than many of its competitors, but at a substantially lower price when showroom equipped. The all-new 2011 Volvo S60 beats a showroom equipped 2011 BMW 335i xDrive by a whopping $7,150, and a Mercedes-Benz C350 by an impressive $1,765, according to the manufacturer. The all-new 2011 Volvo S60 sport sedan goes on sale in late 2010.
The all-new 2011 Volvo S60 is included in Volvo segment leading Safe + Secure Coverage Plan. The program provides best-in-class coverage, offers the lowest cost of luxury ownership (according to IntelliChoice) and has been a major contributor to Volvo's recent sales success. Specifically, it includes:
- 5 years/60,000 miles of New Car Warranty
- 5 years/60,000 miles of Complimentary Factory Scheduled Maintenance
- 5 years/60,000 miles of Wear and Tear Coverage
- 5 years/Unlimited miles of Volvo On Call Roadside Assistance.
"The all-new S60 has been a long time coming," said VCNA President and CEO, Doug Speck, "but it's been worth the wait. With 300 horsepower, standard all-wheel drive, its stunning design and Volvo's latest technology, it's the kind of car that will put a smile on any driving enthusiast's face." Today's pricing announcement gives the competition pause for thought. "When you consider you can own an extremely well-equipped 2011 Volvo S60 for only $41,400, and that you will pay nothing to repair or maintain the all-new S60 for 5 years or 60,000 miles, it really becomes a no-brainer," continued Speck.
The all-new Volvo S60 sport sedan also comes standard with a new infotainment system which includes a 7-inch high-definition color monitor. The screen is accessed through intuitive steering-wheel mounted controls so the driver's hands are always where they should be. Information regarding the audio system, in-dash DVD video player, climate and vehicle settings are easily monitored and controlled through a thumb-activated rotator.
Other standard features offered only in the all-new S60 include an enhanced six-speed Geartronic transmission for quicker shifts, 18-inch alloy wheels, a sport-tuned Dynamic chassis, speed sensitive steering with driver-selectable settings, Bluetooth, HD Radio and Sirius Satellite Radio with a complimentary six-month subscription.
Continuing to introduce groundbreaking technology, Volvo will also offer Pedestrian Detection with Full Auto Brake in the all-new S60. In the U.S., approximately 4,700 pedestrian fatalities occur each year and that's a number Volvo is hoping to reduce with the availability of Pedestrian Detection.
Pedestrian Detection actively helps the driver avoid accidents. Volvo's radar- and camera-based system can detect pedestrians in front of the car, warn the driver if anyone walks out into its path - and then automatically activate the S60's full braking power if the driver fails to respond in time. This world-first technology can help the driver avoid a collision with a pedestrian.
On the safety front, the all-new Volvo S60 comes standard with City Safety, an auto braking system not offered on any of its competition. City Safety automatically stops the S60 if the car in front unexpectedly stops. The system is active from 2 - 18 mph and is designed for heavily congested urban environments.
[PAGEBREAK]Volvo S60 Pricing and Options
2011 Volvo S60 T6 AWD - $37,700
Destination charges - $850
Premium Package - $1,500
- Power glass moonroof
- Power passenger seat
- Dual Xenon gas discharge headlights with Active Bending Light (ABL)
Climate Package - $800
- Heated front seat
- Heated windshield washer nozzles
- Headlight washers
- Rainsensor wipers
- Interior Air Quality System (IAQS)
Multimedia Package - $2,700
- Premium Multimedia Sound System with MultEQ XT by Audyssey,
- Dolby Pro Logic II, 650 watts, 12 premium loudspeakers
- Rear park assist camera
- Navigation system with real time traffic updates
- Map Care with two complimentary navigation updates
Technology Package - $2,100
- Pedestrian Detection with Full Auto Brake
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Queue Assist
- Collision Warning with Full Auto Brake
- Distance Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Metallic paint - $550
- Premium Electric Silver paint - $675
- Urbane Wood inlays - $300
- Front and rear Park Assist - $500
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) - $700
- Personal Car Communicator (PCC) - $550
- Touring chassis - N/C option
- FOUR-C (Continuously Controlled Chassis Concept) Active Chassis - $750
- 17-inch "Njord" alloy wheels - N/C option
- 17-inch "Njord" alloy wheels with self supporting tires - $500
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet