NASHVILLE, TN - The 2011 model-year is turning out to be one of the most important in Infiniti's now 21-year history - with the introduction of the all-new, next generation versions of the Infiniti M luxury sedan and Infiniti QX luxury SUV leading the way. Both vehicles are now available at Infiniti retailers nationwide.
2011 also brings the introduction of two important product extensions to the award-winning Infiniti G line - to be announced August 13-14 at the annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.
The Infiniti EX, FX, G Coupe, and G Convertible also receive a number of key enhancements for 2011. Infiniti has also announced two near-future models, the Infiniti M Hybrid and an Infiniti EV. More information on these vehicles will be released later in the year ahead.
Key changes to the 2011 Infiniti lineup include, but are not limited to, the following:
- QX: All-new second-generation design, featuring a new 5.6L V-8 engine with 25-percent more horsepower and 14-percent better fuel economy (than the previous generation V8). Available now.
- M: It is available in M37 (V-6) and M56 (V-8) model designations, with rear-wheel drive or Infiniti's Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system. Available now.
- EX: New standard 7-speed automatic transmission, new standard 18-inch wheels and tires, standard Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control (previously on EX Journey models only), revised Fine Vision electroluminescent gauge illumination coloring, Blind Spot Warning (BSW) system added to the Technology Package, additional package naming and content changes, and three new exterior colors. Available October 2010.
- FX: Power rear liftgate added as standard equipment (late availability); 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with P265/50R20 V-rated all-season tires standard on FX50, replacing previous 21-inch wheels and tires (optionally available on FX35); black lacquer interior trim standard on FX50; revised package content; and one new exterior color. Available October 2010.
- G Sedan: New "Limited Edition" and "Sport Appearance" models with special exterior and interior content features, Scratch Shield Paint standard on all models, and one new exterior color. Available September 2010.
- G Coupe: Sport Package now offered on G37 Coupe AWD models, Navigation Package content now standard on G37 Coupe Sport 6MT, revised front fascia design (Sport and non-Sport) with fog lights moved from inside the headlight to the lower fascia area, revised 18-inch and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheel designs, standard Scratch Shield Paint on all models, two new exterior colors. Available November 2010.
- G Convertible: Addition of a new G37 Coupe Limited Edition model with special exterior and interior, Navigation Package content now standard on G37 Convertible Sport 6MT, revised front fascia design (Sport and non-Sport) with fog lights moved from inside the headlight to the lower fascia area, revised 18-inch and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheel designs, standard Scratch Shield Paint on all models, two new exterior colors. Available November 2010.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet