GLENVIEW, IL - Navman Wireless has released the M-Nav 760, the newest edition of its all-in-one in-vehicle dispatch, messaging and GPS navigation unit designed for use with its OnlineAVL2 fleet tracking system. The device increases fleet productivity and reduces operating costs by automating communications and job routing with drivers on the road, enables compliance with hands-free phone regulations via new built-in Bluetooth technology, and is the only product in its class built with a ruggedized housing and touchscreen to withstand heavy commercial use.
"Fleet drivers need a commercial-grade navigation device with truck routing, two-way messaging and other features built for business. The M-Nav 760 offers this robust feature set along with the ability to tie everything back to our OnlineAVL2 fleet tracking and reporting software to gather data on vehicles, drivers and overall fleet operations," said Renaat Ver Eecke, Vice President and General Manager, Navman Wireless North America. "This maximizes the benefits of our fleet tracking platform by helping operators achieve peak efficiencies on the road as well as in the office."
The M-Nav 760 enables dispatchers to send job details, location and customer information directly from the OnlineAVL2 software to the nearest vehicle in the field without typing or making a phone call. Once the driver has accepted an assignment by tapping a pre-programmed response on the screen, the device automatically displays a map to the job and delivers audio turn-by-turn directions.
In addition to this time-saving "Accept and go" scenario, dispatchers can use the M-Nav 760 to adjust routes, modify job instructions, and send messages such as "Accident on XYZ expressway" or "Return to base immediately" to one or more vehicles with a click.
These core capabilities help decrease fuel consumption, eliminate delays caused by driving errors and traffic congestion, and improve driver safety by providing accurate no-touch navigation without map or phone use. Other benefits include reduced phone bills through fixed-price instant messaging, shorter dispatcher handling time, and trackable two-way messaging to and from the office.
The M-Nav 760 also features:
- Built-in Bluetooth technology that enables drivers to make and answer phone calls wirelessly for safety and regulatory compliance without the expense and installation of a separate hands-free kit.
- Routing based on truck attributes such as length and weight, helping to prevent fines for non-compliance with road regulations. Dispatchers can also configure the system to guide drivers to their destinations by the shortest or fastest route.
- Driver ID functionality enabling the back-office OnlineAVL2 software to capture drivers' hours, generate time cards electronically, and analyze attributes such as speed and mileage to evaluate individual driver and overall fleet productivity.
- Pre-programmed messaging, with up to 100 customizable preset messages, that enhances safety by enabling drivers to tap the screen to communicate with dispatchers instead of typing a text or email while driving.
- Real-time forms-based reporting enabling drivers to indicate how much time they spent at a job site, what consumables they used, what they charged and other key data from the field for instant integration with the back-office software.
The M-Nav 760 is available on a monthly lease that eliminates the need for upfront capital investment or as a one-time purchase. It was designed and is manufactured exclusively by Navman Wireless. More information about the M-Nav 760 and the OnlineAVL2 fleet tracking platform is available by calling (866) 527-9896 or emailing email@example.com
About Navman Wireless
Navman Wireless is a global leader in GPS-based fleet optimization products and services, including real-time vehicle tracking and OEM GPS solutions that enable companies to track, monitor and communicate with their movable and fixed equipment assets. The company's flagship OnlineAVL2/Qube system is installed in more than 110,000 vehicles owned by over 8,500 customers worldwide, making Navman Wireless one of the world's largest fleet management providers with coverage on five continents. Navman Wireless is based in Glenview, IL, with facilities in the U.S., Mexico, UK, Italy, Taiwan, Ireland, Singapore, New Zealand and Australia. For more information, visit www.navmanwireless.com or www.navmanwirelessus.com.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet