SAN DIEGO - The recipients of the 2010 Environment Leadership Awards were announced Oct. 19 in a special presentation at the Green Fleet Conference in San Diego. Sponsored by Automotive Fleet and Government Fleet, winners in attendance were presented the award by San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders.
Commercial and public sector fleet leaders from 31 companies and government agencies were recognized for leading successful "green" efforts that led to significant improvements in their fleets' environmental impact. While a successful green fleet program requires participation from all staff involved, the awards recognized the individual responsible for taking charge and leading the team's efforts.
These professionals lead their fleets in reducing emissions, implementing alternative-fuel technologies, and perform additional "greening" efforts. Winning fleets were self- and peer-nominated, and final recipients were selected by the editorial staff at Automotive Fleet and Government Fleet.
Sponsored by Automotive Fleet, recipients from the private sector were:
- Bob Adamsky, Del-Air.
- Rahul Bhardwaj, Pfizer.
- Donna Bibbo, Novo Nordisk.
- Mike Britt, UPS.
- Denise Cross, Carrier.
- Suzanne Gallagher and Louise Davis-Lopez, Johnson & Johnson.
- Brian Heldebrandt, Verizon.
- Kimberly Jamme, AstraZeneca.
- Diane Lopez, Abbott.
- Hector Madriaga, Sempra Energy.
- Dick Malcom, State Farm.
- Mike Mannheimer, Cox Enterprises.
- Jeff Modica, Schwan's Home Service.
- Bud Reuter, Comcast.
- Pete Silva, PepsiCo.
- George Survant, Florida Power & Light.
- Jerome Webber, AT&T.
Sponsored by Government Fleet, public sector fleet recipients were:
- Gregg Duckett, City of Phoenix.
- Richard Battersby, University of California, Davis
- Douglas Bond, Alameda County, Calif.
- Larry Campbell, City of Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Paul Condran, City of Culver City, Calif.
- Venu Gupta, City of Milwaukee.
- Roberty Howdyshell, Riverside County, Calif.
- Ernie Ivy, City of Denver.
- Rick Longobart, City of Santa Ana, Calif.
- Erin Miller, City of Columbus, Ohio
- Allen Mitchell, CPFP, Snohomish County, Wash.
- Curtis Shaw, CPFP, City of Walla Walla, Wash.
- Steve Weir, New York City.
- Chris Wiley, City of Seattle.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet