CEI to Show New Traffic Camera Violation Capability at Risk Management Conference
The CEI Group, Inc. (CEI) will demonstrate the new traffic safety camera violation capability of its DriverCare online fleet safety and risk management system at the insurance industry's largest trade show in Denver.
The new functionality was developed and operates in cooperation with American Traffic Solutions (ATS) Fleet Services, a leading provider of road fleet toll and violation management solutions.
Its capabilities include:
- Automatically identifying and notifying fleet drivers who receive traffic safety camera violations, including those for speeding, running red lights, failing to pay tolls, illegal parking and illegally passing school buses.
- Enabling fleet drivers to review violation documentation, helping them to decide whether to contest the citation.
- Enabling drivers to pay the fines through the DriverCare system via ATS.
- Incorporating a record of those violations in drivers' history files, and adjusting drivers' risk score.
- Automatically assigning targeted, remedial driver safety lessons.
"This capability is the only one of its kind in the fleet industry," said Brian Kinniry, CEI's director of strategic account services and head of the company's safety and risk management services. "It solves the problem fleets face in most states, where traffic safety camera violations are issued to the owner of the vehicle.
"That makes it very difficult to link those violations to the driver, and if that doesn't happen, can expose fleets to greater liability for any future accidents those drivers may cause. Now, with DriverCare, fleets can identify responsible drivers and take appropriate steps to intervene to help prevent a future accident."
CEI's DriverCare system incorporates driver history data, including accident and motor vehicle violation history, assigns a risk rating to each driver that is updated as new information is received, automatically notifies drivers, their managers and fleet officials when their risk ratings increase, and automatically assigns remedial training.
Since it was introduced in 2000, DriverCare has helped fleets reduce their vehicle accidents by as much as 30 percent, Kinniry said.
The RIMS 14 Annual Conference and Exhibition is sponsored by the Risk Management Society. It is being held in the Colorado Convention Center in Denver from April 27-30. CEI will be exhibiting in Booth #2129.